Applications still being accepted for 2019/2020 Program Year
Program starts October 1, 2019 and ends August 31, 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity in an award-winning AmeriCorps program for Military Veterans or immediate military family members. Learn skills and gain certifications that will assist you in gaining employment in the natural resources field.
Perfect opportunity for military veterans, recently retired veterans, active guard and reserve members, military spouses and immediate family members to earn money, gain skills, and earn an education award!
Slots are limited and fill quickly.
Trails/Park Project Team – As part of a team, you will learn and perform a variety of conservation activities including trail maintenance, invasive
plant identification and eradication and park based projects.
Environmental Stewardship Team – you will serve directly with our field experts learning and performing Environmental Stewardship activities.
FBI fingerprint background investigation is required, provided by the program at no cost to participants.
Positions available statewide.
- Stipend paid every two weeks
- Education Award upon successful completion
- Outstanding training, certifications, and experience
- Admission to all Delaware State Parks
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a military veteran and/or military family member
- Able to pass State and FBI criminal background check
- Committed to a full term of service (1700 hours)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S
- Available some weekends and evenings. Mostly day participation Monday – Friday, 7am-3pm
- Able to perform hard physical outdoor work in various conditions
- Able to learn local flora and fauna
- Possess good communication skills
- Able to work as a part of a team and alone with little direct supervision
- Able to learn and apply program rules, regulations, policies and procedures
Karen Minner CIG, CPSI
Veterans Conservation Corps – AmeriCorps Program Director
Delaware State Parks
PLEASE NOTE – NEW EMAIL ADDRESS IS KAREN.MINNER@DELAWARE.GOV