Now Accepting Applications!
This is an exciting opportunity in an award-winning AmeriCorps program for Military Veterans or immediate military family members. Learn skills and gain certifications that will assist you in gaining employment in the natural resources field.
Perfect for college students home for the summer to earn money, gain skills, and earn an education award! Perfect opportunity for military veterans, recently retired veterans, active guard and reserve members, military spouses and immediate family members.
Slots are limited and fill quickly.
Flexible start dates and terms – Spring and Summer start dates.
Trails/Park Project Team – As part of a team, you will perform a variety of conservation activities including trail maintenance, invasive plant identification and eradication and park based projects.
Environmental Stewardship Team – you will serve directly with our field experts learning and performing Environmental Stewardship activities.
FBI fingerprint background investigation is required, provided by the program at no cost to participants.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Program ends August 31, 2019
Positions available statewide.
- Stipend paid every two weeks
- Education Award upon successful completion
- Outstanding Training, Certifications, and Experience
- Admission to all Delaware State Parks
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a military veteran and/or military family member
- Able to pass State and FBI criminal background check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S.
Karen Minner CIG, CPSI
Veterans Conservation Corps – AmeriCorps Program Director
Delaware State Parks