EMPLOYER: STATE OF DELAWARE
JOB TITLE: Veterans Home Administrator
(This position is Exempt from the State of Delaware Merit System)
Salary: $76,903/Min – $115,355.00/Max
Location: Delaware Veterans Home, Milford
The Veterans Home Administrator oversees the Delaware Veterans Home, a 140-bed long-term care facility located in Milford, Delaware. The Veterans Home is a division of the Department of State and this position reports directly to the Deputy Secretary of State. The Administrator is responsible for the overall management of a facility: planning, developing, directing and supporting all operational, administrative, clinical, and fiscal activities for the facility’s programs and services. In addition to overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Home, the Administrator is also responsible for ensuring that residents and their families receive outstanding care in a loving environment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Veterans Home Administrator
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer,
experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
Applicants must have education, training or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Current State licensed Nursing Home Administrator.
- Must meet all State health regulations which includes a criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Five years of experience in a long-term or sub-acute care setting.
- Three years of experience in budget administration which includes managing, developing, analyzing and implementing budgets; developing strategic plans and establishing internal control.
- Three years of experience in operations management which includes planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating operations typically through subordinate supervisors.
- Six months experience in interpreting licensure, certification and accreditation standards.