Now Accepting Applications for the 2018/2019 program year.
Looking for the next step after the military? Looking for something to do in between drill weekends? Want to work alongside other military veterans?
This is an exciting opportunity in an award-winning AmeriCorps program for Military Veterans or immediate military family members.
As part of a team, you will perform a variety of conservation activities including trail maintenance, invasive plant species identification and eradication, maintenance projects, historical preservation, and park based projects throughout the state of Delaware. You will received education, training, hands on skills, and certifications throughout your year of service that can prepare you for employment in the natural resources field.
Slots are limited and fill quickly.
- Perfect opportunity for military veterans, recently retired veterans, activemguard and reserve members, military spouses and immediate family members.
- FBI fingerprint background investigation is required, provided by the program at no cost to participants.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Term runs October 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019
- Positions available on teams located statewide.
- Stipend of $572.16 every two weeks
- National Service Trust Education Award upon successful completion – $5,920
- Outstanding Training, Certifications, and Experience
- Admission to all Delaware State Parks
- Qualify for a scholarship to Wilmington University
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a military veteran and/or military family member
- Able to pass State and FBI criminal background check
- Committed to a full term of service (1700 hours)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S. Proof of citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States
- Available some weekends and evenings. Mostly day participation Monday – Friday, 7am-3pm
- Able to perform hard physical outdoor work in various conditions
- Able to learn local flora and fauna
- Possess good communication skills
- Able to work as a part of a team and alone with little direct supervision
- Able to learn and apply program rules, regulations, policies and procedures
Karen Minner CIG, CPSI
Veterans Conservation Corps – AmeriCorps Program Director
Delaware State Parks