Delaware Joining Forces eAlert
Housing Resource: 3 and 4 bedroom units available
Dover AFB is now open to veteran and first responders; even if they don’t have base access. Please feel free to give Ms. Reeves contact information to anyone you know and she will offer them 5% discount on the rent.
Director of Operations
Dover Family Housing
Greetings, Delaware Joining Forces Community Network!
Please ensure you are listed in the online DJF Directory
Please click the link and search for your provider listing. Provider listings are by the individual (not the organization). There could be 5 individual profiles from the same community provider! It’s a
great way to advertise your contact and services!
Be sure all your information is accurate. If you don’t see your listing, please create your own profile!
Thanks for all you do to serve our Service Members, Veterans & Families.
Benefiting Delaware Veterans Trust Fund
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 • 6pm
Irish EyesRestaurant and Pub
213 Anglers Road
Cash or Check Only
Payable at the door
Great Raffle and Silent Auction Items
(Debit or credit payment options available for Silent Auction)
RSVP to ChicksDinner@gmail.com by September 14!
Now Accepting Applications for the 2018/2019 program year.
Looking for the next step after the military? Looking for something to do in between drill weekends? Want to work alongside other military veterans?
This is an exciting opportunity in an award-winning AmeriCorps program for Military Veterans or immediate military family members.
As part of a team, you will perform a variety of conservation activities including trail maintenance, invasive plant species identification and eradication, maintenance projects, historical preservation, and park based projects throughout the state of Delaware. You will received education, training, hands on skills, and certifications throughout your year of service that can prepare you for employment in the natural resources field.
Slots are limited and fill quickly.
- Perfect opportunity for military veterans, recently retired veterans, activemguard and reserve members, military spouses and immediate family members.
- FBI fingerprint background investigation is required, provided by the program at no cost to participants.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Term runs October 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019
- Positions available on teams located statewide.
- Stipend of $572.16 every two weeks
- National Service Trust Education Award upon successful completion – $5,920
- Outstanding Training, Certifications, and Experience
- Admission to all Delaware State Parks
- Qualify for a scholarship to Wilmington University
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a military veteran and/or military family member
- Able to pass State and FBI criminal background check
- Committed to a full term of service (1700 hours)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S. Proof of citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States
- Available some weekends and evenings. Mostly day participation Monday – Friday, 7am-3pm
- Able to perform hard physical outdoor work in various conditions
- Able to learn local flora and fauna
- Possess good communication skills
- Able to work as a part of a team and alone with little direct supervision
- Able to learn and apply program rules, regulations, policies and procedures
Karen Minner CIG, CPSI
Veterans Conservation Corps – AmeriCorps Program Director
Delaware State Parks
The Delaware General Assembly, the Delaware Department of State, the Delaware Commission on Veterans Affairs, the Delaware Heritage Commission, Dover Air Force Base, and the City of Dover will honor Delaware Women Veterans with this year’s veterans parade. The parade will begin at 10:00 A.M. winding through downtown Dover ending at the site of the dedication ceremony.
Following the parade, the Women’s Military Service Monument will be dedicated at noon on the Northwest corner of Legislative Hall.
This year’s theme: Honoring the service and sacrifice of those Delaware Women who have served their country.
Saturday, November 3, 2018
8:30 A.M. Registration & Line-up at the Duncan Center
Parade Begins – 10:00 A.M.
For more information, please contact Colinda Marker in Legislative Council at 302-744-4303.
Dear Friends of Veterans:
You and your organization are cordially invited to attend Military Honor Day and 16th Annual Patriot Day ceremonies on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at the CHEER Community Center located at the corner of Sand Hill Road and Route 9, east of Georgetown. Activities will be taking place from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
This event will feature every military branch of the United States armed services and civilian first responder units. We invite your organization to set up a display for the day showcasing the services that your organization provides to Veterans in Sussex County. We will supply you with an eight-foot table and table cloth for no cost. However, donations are accepted by CHEER, a non-profit agency serving the needs of Sussex County’s senior population. There will be dozens of educational displays filling the CHEER Community Center highlighting events such as Pearl Harbor, Normandy Beach, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and all conflicts to the present that have occurred, including the Cold War, Grenada, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Many local schools have already accepted our invitation to attend as this will be an opportunity for students to learn about our military history, and have the ability to speak one-on-one with men and women who fought in those wars and conflicts.
We hope that you will spend September 11 with us honoring the men and women who have sacrificed to ensure our freedom. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If your organization would like to setup a display, please RSVP to Florence Mason at 302-515-3045.
Veteran of the Korean War
Honorable Mayor William West
Mayor of Georgetown
Sussex County Korean War Chapter 1
MONDAY, AUG 20
10am – 2pm
FRIDAY, SEP 7
Middletown Fire Company
27 W Green Street
Employers are gathering because they want to hire military and veterans and military spouses! Don’t miss this GREAT opportunity!
Presented by the Veterans Suicide Prevention Coalition
The purpose of the Mental Health Summit is to bring together key stakeholders in the community with the goal of enhancing access to mental health services and addressing the mental healthcare needs of Veterans.
Tuesday, September 11th, 2018
Dover Downs Hotel and Casino
There is no cost to attend.
Breakout session topics include:
- Suicide Prevention
- Moral Injury
- Veterans Law
Plenary Speakers include CW4 Clifford Bauman and Dan Miller of the Wounded Warrior Project