Welcome to Sound the Alarm. Save a Life. Rally Week 2017!
This week kicks off the two-month final push to the nation-wide Sound the Alarm campaign.
What is Sound the Alarm?
The entire American Red Cross will be installing over 100,000 FREE smoke alarms across the country at 370 events in 110 cities using the strength of over 1800 volunteers between September 23rd and October 14th. Gail McGovern will be installing the 1,000,000th smoke alarm during the 3 week period. In addition, the event provides the opportunity to raise $5.2M, including $1.9M of new donor dollars, and an opportunity to encourage new volunteers to join the Red Cross.
In the Greater Chesapeake Region, we will be holding two events to install a total of 1500 alarms:
- September 30th Dover, DE 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- October 14th Glen Burnie, MD 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
This is a great opportunity for each and every one of you across the region to participate as One-Red-Cross. This will truly be a region-wide, team effort:
- Register to volunteer at one or both of the events by going to Volunteer Connection and signing up via the My Shifts and Sound the Alarm dropdown. If you are not in Volunteer Connection, go tobit.ly/gcr-sta
- Lead a fundraising team or contribute through Peer2Peer Fundraising by visiting our site here: http://www.redcross.org/local/maryland-delaware/home-fire-safety#Fundraising-Opportunities .
- Recruit friends, family, organizations to participate.
Sound the Alarm Rally Kick-off!
- Decorate your door or workspace to rally around Sound the Alarm. Save a Life. There will be a prize for the best decorated workspace. Send your photos to Jen Singer by COB Thursday!
- Take selfies with the Sound the Alarm selfie banner! Each Chapter has a banner (Delmarva has one for Northern and one for Southern Peninsula). Send your selfie pics to Lenore.email@example.com
POC for questions:
Ivy Walker , Regional Coordinator of Service to the Armed Forces
(410) 624 2055 (o)